Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Photo collages

I wanted to do something special for the Mom's and Grandma's this year for mothers day. I saw this idea hanging up at our local Craft Warehouse (my most favorite store in the world) and it looked easy enough. Here is an example of what we are going to make today...sorta.

SUPPLIES

1. Canvas. Any size. Just make sure its big enough to fit all your minis onto it
2. Mini Canvas. I used 2 different sizes:  3x3 and  4x4
3. Paint and brushes
4. scrapbook paper (optional)
5. Scissors
6. Good strong glue. I used E-600
7. vinyl lettering, a poem, or a picture
8. Family photos
9. embellishments (optional)





INSTRUCTIONS

Paint and let dry completley.

Mixed yellow and white to make a pale yellow
This is silver. I had to use multiple coats for this color




















Cut your craft or scrapbook paper to size
















Glue the scrapbook paper and embellishments onto the canvas

Cut photos to size and glue onto the mini canvas
Arrange mini canvas onto the larger canvas and glue into place
Follow the directions on the packaging for the vinyl lettering to transfer it to your canvas
AND THATS IT!
Here are a few others I made:



1 comment:

  1. Wow! You are really talented. Those are awesome Mother's Day gifts.
    If you're interested, I write an art and inspiration blog at www.projectpaperie.blogspot.com. I honestly haven't done many art tutorials lately because I've been super busy, but I hope to do more this summer. I'd be honored if you'd stop by and say hi, though!
    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete