Thursday, May 10, 2012

DIY Painted Glassware

So last weekend I decided I wanted to do an art project.
Then I remembered I'm not very creative so I scoured the internet looking for ideas. I wanted to do something that seemed easy and was cheap as I didnt want to spend a ton of money on a complete failure of a project. I found a TON of websites about handpainting wine glasses. I thought to myself, "I'm artistic I can do this!" and "I oil paint on canvus, how much more difficult could this possibly be!?"
*SIGH*
I realized with my first brush stroke that I have unusually shakey hands and cannot draw a striaght line for the life of me. This is very bad for detail work and fine lines. The following is my not so handy work:

SUPPLIES:

I taped my picture to the inside of the glass and (tried to) trace the picture with the enamel paint. After cussing numorous times and wiping it clean to start over twice I finally (sort of) got to right. Once it dried I followed the directions on the paint bottle which was to put the glass in a COLD oven and heat to 350 degrees. Bake for 30 min and then let the glass cool off in the oven. These are now dishwasher safe :)







THE FINISHED PRODUCTS:


They are Flip Flops...Not my best artwork for sure







3 comments:

  1. Love the flippies! I've learned that painting on wine glasses are a pain in the rear! I'm working on my own project. I'll have to show the pics when i'm done.

    Keep up the crafts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes yes! Send pics! I'd love to see what you're working on.

      Delete
  2. This past week has been a very busy "craft" week. Ive got a few more posts waiting to be published but I gotta wait until after Monthers Day to post them so I don't ruin the surprise :)

    ReplyDelete